Thursday, September 2, 2010

Finished Banquette







Here are the pics of the banquette! I built the frame and attached it from inside with L brackets instead of screwing right to that wall. This way if I need to move it or want a change, all I need to do is unscrew the brackets and remove the bench! (And if you know me at all you know that nothing ever stays the same in my house for too long! ) Although I do think this will be a permanent fixture! I also added a piano hinge and lids for storage.
It is so nice to have. I find the kids wanting to be in the kitchen with me more. It is so comfortable and inviting.

6 comments:

  1. So cute! You are amazingly talented!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally awesome. I'm moving in with you. Will you decorate my bedroom?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome. Again, you amaze me. Not only does it look cool & beautiful, you'll love the amount of people, especially kids, it seats compared to chairs. And I'm comin' over asap to see it in person!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are amazing! Please come to my place and help me out :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't stand how talented you are! I love this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You guys are all so stinking sweet! Thanks for all of the nice compliments...(The money is in the mail!) Hehehe!

    Yes Penny.....You know my number! Call me if you want some help with your room!

    ReplyDelete